Victims of crime. When thinking of the victim of a crime, most people think of people injured or killed by a drunk driver. If you are injured by a drunk driver, you are entitled to damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages. You may also recover punitive damages, which are designed to punish the wrongdoer and deter others from acting in a similar manner. The same analysis applies to victims of people driving under the influence of drugs.

Victims of assaults may also recover damages similar to those of DWI victims.

The Racca Law Firm has represented victims of shootings.

Auto Collisions, Trucking collisions, and Motorcycle collisions. If you are injured in a car or motorcycle collision, make sure to get the other driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance information. Call the police who will conduct an investigation. They may talk to the witnesses and list them on the report. You, of course, can also get the name, address, and phone number of all witnesses.

Premises Liability. The stereotypical case involves the person who slips on a banana peel on the floor of a grocery store. People more often slip on water or another liquid. If this happens to you, get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses. Tell management about the fall and make sure that they make a written report. If there is a video camera, make sure that the company preserves the footage. It may help your case.

next page